So I wanted to try something new…
So I’m shaking things up with shaker cards! My bestfriend sent me an awesome youtube video showing how to make your own shakers and I’m officially obsessed!
I’ve filled this shaker card with beads and star sequins. I found a great way to store all these goodies along with my other craft essentials and will be sharing that in my next post!
- Recipe: CS from PTI, Chickie Stamp from DeNami Designs, Waltzmouse Stamps Happy Birthday, Copic Markers, Sequins, Beads, PTI grass stamp, Bling, Clothes pins, Spellbinders, Foam, Doodlebug Designs Scrapbook Paper.
Just when I thought I needed to stop ordering more goodies online…
I came across these adorable wooden flags from Jillibean!
I added glossy accents to the butterfly wings to give it a little pop! It is my new fav craft accessory!
- Recipe: CS from PT, Scrapbook paper from Hello Summer Echo Park, Flower Molds from Mold Muse, Japanese Twine, Jillibean Wooden Flags, Glossy Accents, White Gel Pen.
Flower patch punch, oh how do I love thee…
I was seriously looking all over the place for this fabulous flower patch punch! And, I finally had to resort to buying it online because the gas money I was spending to search was not worth it!
I decided to try the same sorta design that I did early for my happy everything card. I added some pearls to the flowers to give it a little pop of fun color! I really love this border punch. The flowers are so cute and adorable.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
- Recipe: All craftstock/Butterfly sticker/pearls from Recollections, Marth Stewart Flower patch border punch, Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Stamp from Hampton Art.
As some would say, “Stick it to me!”
These are such a great find especially when they go on sale for $1 after a particular holiday (i.e. valentines and easter for the above). I love that the stickers are 3 dimensional and I often use the hearts to sign “love” at the end of my cards. On my to-do crafts list is to incorporate these little goodies in a creative way! Hope you find some at your local Michaels!
“Butterfly in the sky, I can fly twice as high…” Reading Rainbow.
I came across this beautiful idea while searching for butterfly inspirations. One of my very first punches was the Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch which I absolutely loved and could not stop using everywhere! I punched out all the different colored butterflies using my extra scraps of paper. The hardest part was figuring out how to layout the butterflies! This card brings back memories of books and beautiful rainbows which I loved as a kid 🙂
Helpful tip: As a newbie crafter, hang onto your extra scraps of paper because they really come in handy! For example, you can punch out a shape on an unused corner of a craftstock or test how ink may look on a colored craftstock. You end up saving yourself $ because you don’t waste a whole sheet of craftstock. I keep all of my extra scraps in two ziplock bags (one is for small and one for big scraps). Save that money and buy yourself a cute little stamp 🙂
- Recipe: All craftstock from Recollections/Martha Stewart craftstock, 3-in-1 Classic Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, Butterflyabella stamp.
I have such fond memories of Madonna’s song “Cherish.”
It’s funny that a childhood musical memory can come flooding back simply when you hear a tune on the radio. Even to this day, I cannot help but giggle at the word “Cherish” because it reminds me of summers filled with laughing and dancing with my cousins. Needless to say, the word Cherish means a lot to me.
I used the embossing technique on this card and it really shows up nicely on the butterfly and cherish stamp. I also added texture to the white cardstock with my texture plate that has swirls perfectly matching the butterfly. Love it when that happens! As I craft, I am happily humming:
“I cherish the joy, you keep bringing into my life…”
- Recipe: White cardstock from Recollections, Aqua pigment ink from Color Box, Soft green craftstock from Martha Stewart, Stampin’ Up Flourish Texturz Plate, Stamp-n-Stuff embossing powder in White Pearls Translucent, Cherish & Butterfly stamp from Michaels.