I figured since it’s the new year I should try a new style of stamping! Welcome Painted Flowers by Altenew!
Aren’t these flowers just beautiful? I started with my lightest shade of pink ink and then I stamped a darker pink ink for the shadows. I did the same for the purple flowers!
For the sentiment, I made two layers of the “happy” die cut and then cleared embossed it twice to get the bubbly dome look. I added some fun foam to the large cross-stitch border before adhering it to the card base.
As for the final touches, I used my wink of stella to color the flower petals and I added little hearts and circle enamel dots. My next technique will be to try out this stamp set with water colors!
Useful Tip: So the way the stamps come in the package it’s not very clear which stamps together make a flower. Here is what it looks like:
To solve this problem and save myself a ton of time, I used using staz-on ink and made guide just like this one on some clear transparency:
Now I have all of my stamps lined up next to each other and I know stamping them together will create a certain flower! Hope that is a helpful tip for you!